Getting the exposure right on my camera was something we struggled with the whole time in iceland. Each picture contained so much contrast i could never get it give each opposing object in the picture justice. This was particularly the case here, at the base of the glacier we climbed. It feel unearthly, and void of any color in some places. We felt like we were trapped inside of a black and white photograph when we would look at the ground. But then when you would look up you would see the mountains capped with chartreuse green moss, and the rivers that were the color of blue otter pops. The texture of the earth was so grainy and weird too, but then the water looks like silk. We drank glacier water, its good. The whole glacier also made you feel out of proportion, the black mounds of dirt on the looked as if they could be their own real mountains, but they were so tiny...you felt like a giant. That is is what we were trying to illustrate in the video at the bottom. giant: chomp. chomp. chomp.
your pictures are so pretty! i'm totally swooning. adam and I have always wanted to go there. The abstractness of the landscape and the starkness of contrast is stunning. I'm totally inspired to paint
3 comments:
It looks so cold! But awesome pics! Love that crystal blue glacier. I saw some of those in Alaska and they were fascinating.
you are even fashionable while glacier exploring.
your pictures are so pretty! i'm totally swooning. adam and I have always wanted to go there. The abstractness of the landscape and the starkness of contrast is stunning. I'm totally inspired to paint
Post a Comment