Tuesday, May 25, 2010

california's gold

Huell Howser's house is a 1953 post-and-beam ranch-style house. he finds junk and transforms it into furniture, or uses strange things as decorative objects by camouflaging them in with like items. look closely, cactuses aren't always cactuses, vases aren't always vases, and art that looks like an oil painting is just a rusted slab of metal or a peice of charred wood set behind glass. he has an incredible sense of vision. sorry i didn't get any good pictures of the patio/pool area that i talked about in the other post, i was intimidated.



Huell said he was a "minimalist at heart" but he find stuff that he loves, and he can't help but put it in his house...and eventually there is too much for the look he wants. i hear ya Huell.

2 comments:

Kayla Porter said...

I had no idea Huell was capable of this. He is SUCH a nerd, I am completely impressed by his taste!

By the way, I need to know more about how you two travel so much. I want to be your friend. C'mon. Let's make this happen.

Also, I love The Brick House and you guys did a great job with your shelving unit. AHH.

chelsea b james said...

i hear you too huel. what an inspiration to draw from