Friday, March 4, 2011

trains








transportation when you are traveling is such a pain sometimes. however, i find that once we have figured it out, being in-transport is sometimes my favorite time. david is obsessive about "doing something" while we are in-transit. he can't handle a second of just sitting time, he is constantly reading. i on the other hand just sit and stare. sometimes i wish i was productive, but i really love my daydreaming time too. its a nice time to sit and process what i am experiencing.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

6 comments:

janis said...

i love travel time too. sometimes i get a little sad when i arrive at a destination because that means my daydreaming time is done.

Robd said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. I'm glad to see you are enjoying your travels. Thanks for the great pictures.

Brittany said...

just found your blog and it's so inspiring! my husband and i plan to go to Spain, Morocco, and Egypt this summer and then our next trip will hopefully be India! this just got me even more excited!!!

nova said...

I'm a starer too. I can stare out a bus or train window literally for five hours straight. I love listening to music to give it a little soundtrack.

Kristina said...

I also love the day-dreaming part when travelling long time on public transport.. loved to take the train from Hanoi to Danang in Vietnam last year, I was looking outside and absorbing everything out there for hours!!

ohh, I am sooo behind on all your posts! I'm off reading them all now :)

hope you are doing great!

kylie said...

i love traveling, too.
i just returned from the tiny island of tuvalu.
also stopped by the marshalls - just posted a video teaser. it's the way to live, right? :)