Friday, September 3, 2010

summer at home







it seems like we never take advantage of summer at home until august because we are so busy going other places. yard work has become a drag, but its always fun when you finish with a leaf between your shoulder blades, or when you rig up a hedge trimmer/twelve foot long board wrapped with cord/leaning ladder that is surely doomed to cut off an arm at some point.

this year we havent entertained much outside and i really regret that. i am highly convinced that there is nothing better to do on a summer night than enjoy the company of your friends over a good meal. we still have a few weeks though, and we are going to cram some more in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah those are beautiful images...I love all the tomatoes :) wonderful...I miss the tomatoes from my moms garden you can make the best soup out of them..
Well you are right I got brown wrapping paper to sew these envelopes you have seen on my blog.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your yard is beautiful, I am jealous! Wish mine looked as good as yours!

this bright day said...

there's nothing better than a garden tomato. nothing.

mina said...

that tomato smile is the cutest thing i've seen all day. the pictures on your blog are lovely.