at the beginning of december i had a shower for aly. I am still obsessed with the paper ornaments that i made for amanda's shower this summer, so i made more. they make the best shadows. tutorial to make them here.
i made little meringue mushrooms like on the buche de noel, but this time put them on top of a vegan chocolate cake:




This week my friend Sarah moved to d.c. for an internship so we had a little goodbye party for her too. I made a bunch of garlands with goodbye sayings on them. i didn't get a picture of the table all set up with food, but it was fun. I made these, and they were so tasty. and in the second picture below you can see the bottom of one of my new candlesticks from here that i am really in love with.



3 comments:
amazing....you know how it done my friend!!
i love those paper sculptures and letter cutouts. how did you do those? did you have stencils? precious. what a lucky friend of yours
The letters I made with a diecutter at the scrapbook store, then just glued them to string. I bought stencils in a font I liked then realized it would take me a year to cut them out, but die cutting went fast. And the paper ornaments are really simple. 1" wide strips, you'll need 1 that is six inches long, and 2 each of 7",9",11" long strips. Then just staple them together! I made some with old sheet music that were really cute, but didn't get a picture of them.
Post a Comment