Sunday, December 6, 2009

Foxes and woodland mushrooms

I made a Buche de Noel for my co-workers Maren & Dirk's wedding shower. While it was tasty & whimsically delicious, i will probably never slave away for an entire day again....no matter how many cocoa clouds i inhale in the process.

and...make sure to go here to check out photos of this cute little foxy that would show up on this couple's porch every so often for a year.

5 comments:

The Obergs said...

I'm interested to know what the mushrooms are made out of.

This is truly a masterpiece. If it were me, I might even consider not eating it.

I saw on a blog a 20 year old nativity made out of white chocolate. Perhaps you could just keep this log in your fridge all year long and put it out again come next christmas...

Sarah said...

the mushrooms are a meringue. They were two separate pieces, then i sort of glued them together with white chocolate....

Steven and Megan said...

Oh wow when I first looked at this I was thinking "Cake and Mushrooms??" haha so I googled Buche de Noel and figured out what it is that you made. How awesome! Steve and I both think that your mushrooms look very real :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Mmmmm... looks yummy!

chelsea b james said...

excuse me girl - but where did you get that recipe book? i'm loving it. your dish is beautimous.