Monday, July 21, 2008

Hungary Hungary Hippos!

Here are few pictures from our short stop in Budapest, Hungary. It was a neat city; but it turns out that most of it was destroyed in WW2 when Hungary backed the Germans to re-gain some land. Such a shame. However, they did turn the old Nazi headquarters building into a "horror museum", we found that interesting.
Our apologies for the lack of pictures with us in them. Hungary was towards the end of our trip, and we were weary of explaining to complete strangers how to work our camera. Yes, you actually have to look through the eye piece.

4 comments:

sts2000 said...

All of these pics (from Austria, Italy and Hungary) have given me a little bit of SEHNSUCHT - roughly translated "longing" dfor Germany - or Europe in general I guess. Glad that you had a great time.
BTW - the boys can't stop talking about their favorite place - bet you can't guess where that might be - I don't know if they have that in Europe or not...;-)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Awesome pics, guys. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I am jealous you get to travel so much. Ryan and I traveled a lot before we had kids and loved it,so keep it up!

mylyn wood said...

oh how i envy your world travels. :-)

karlin said...

Awesome pics you little travelers! I finally looked you guys up. I am going to add you as a contact if you don't mind. You can email me at karlinkess@comcast.net and I'll send you an invite. It was good to see you at Azy's wedding. I posted a picture of us on my blog.