Sunday, December 12, 2010

نحن نذهب في رحلة

we are headed to the middle east for three months! i have to fulfill a requirement for school, and i think its safe to say this is the most fun i will ever have fulfilling a scholarly requirement.

we will be leaving in one week from tomorrow. starting things off in Morocco we will be working at a guest house, then making our way across the northern coast of africa we will stop in Tunisia and Egypt. then to Dubai, Jordan, and Israel where we will be farming for a month, and finally, Turkey. we will probably throw a couple more countries in there as we go too.

david made the comment the other day that this will be the longest amount of time that we have consecutively spent together. its pretty crazy to think about it that way, and sad that we don't always get to spend that much time with each other.

i cant wait to come home from the trip with a clear head and a fresh perspective
....and a lot of antique persian rugs.

there is so much to do at home before we leave, we have sort of forgotten that christmas is even coming. every time i get stressed about all there is to do i just google pictures of places we will be going, and i forget about stressing for all of the finals that i have this week.

11 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Sounds SO cool. I am sad we will miss you for Christmas, but I'd rather be doing what you're doing. Be safe and have fun. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am speechless. That sounds so fantastic -- enjoy it!

amanda james said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It's going to be such an amazing trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!

katie and heidi said...

Safe travels Sarah and David! I am in awe of your adventuress spirits!

Aly Sharette said...

I wish we could afford to leave reality for 3 months! Let the good times roll.

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Wow. Talk about telcommuting.

Kristina said...

oh wow, I am soooo jealous!! Sounds like one crazy trip! You will love the middle east, every country I have been there yet was lovely. Enjoy and keep us updated, looking forward to see your pictures!
Viele Gruesse, Kristina

lucie from montreal said...

How exciting!! Don't forget to go to Tangier in Morocco, it's a beautiful city!

Bart Winward said...

Heigh-Ho, Heigo-Ho, It's to the middle-east you go. May Allah be with you.

Maren Marie said...

this is absolutely amazing! we SO enjoyed talking with you earlier this month. have a wonderful time and a happy adventure!

Petal said...

I hope you enjoy your time in Israel. You may like some of these travel ideas from local Israelis
http://unique-travel-in-israel.blogspot.com