Sarah, I think it is about time you know something about David. I am sure he has told you about being born with a club foot (I know how he goes on and on about it). Well, there is a part of that he does not often tell people.
When I lived with Karma and Emer, they were doing some work in their basement. One afternoon while David was off gallivanting, I was helping Emer install a dryer. In the process, a few old pictures fell out from behind the old dryer. I picked them up and noticed that they were of David as a young child with some vivid photographs of a bone implant surgery. Emer reluctantly told me the story that David was not actually born with a club foot, but rather with no foot at all. As you know, Karma was always worried about David being considered a freak, so she made up her mind to have him undergo a risky and experimental foot implant surgery.
While the skin and muscles were partly harvested from his right buttocks (I'm sure you've seen the scars), the doctors needed bones to complete this new frankenfoot. The answer came when Emer was driving through Salt Lake near the Hogle Zoo and, out of nowhere, an escaped flamingo hit his windshield. While the zookeepers were distraught, Emer was wise enough to realize that this was a blessing and that the bird had not given its life in vain.
The bones harvested from the flamingo's foot served as an almost identical match to the boy David's foot (although as you know the match is still a little off). While this greatly improved David's life and made him a little less freakish in the foot department, there were some side effects that didn't show up for some years. Among these is the tendency to ingest small rocks to aid in digestion, the strange characteristic of only being able to yell at rugby referees in a high-pitched squeal, and the unpredictable urge to stand on one foot with the other resting against his leg.
7 comments:
that rug is so cute...and david should take up yoga, he looks pretty good
beautiful morning light!
can't get these light pictures out of my head. stunning. I think David should take up yoga too
Sarah, I think it is about time you know something about David. I am sure he has told you about being born with a club foot (I know how he goes on and on about it). Well, there is a part of that he does not often tell people.
When I lived with Karma and Emer, they were doing some work in their basement. One afternoon while David was off gallivanting, I was helping Emer install a dryer. In the process, a few old pictures fell out from behind the old dryer. I picked them up and noticed that they were of David as a young child with some vivid photographs of a bone implant surgery. Emer reluctantly told me the story that David was not actually born with a club foot, but rather with no foot at all. As you know, Karma was always worried about David being considered a freak, so she made up her mind to have him undergo a risky and experimental foot implant surgery.
While the skin and muscles were partly harvested from his right buttocks (I'm sure you've seen the scars), the doctors needed bones to complete this new frankenfoot. The answer came when Emer was driving through Salt Lake near the Hogle Zoo and, out of nowhere, an escaped flamingo hit his windshield. While the zookeepers were distraught, Emer was wise enough to realize that this was a blessing and that the bird had not given its life in vain.
The bones harvested from the flamingo's foot served as an almost identical match to the boy David's foot (although as you know the match is still a little off). While this greatly improved David's life and made him a little less freakish in the foot department, there were some side effects that didn't show up for some years. Among these is the tendency to ingest small rocks to aid in digestion, the strange characteristic of only being able to yell at rugby referees in a high-pitched squeal, and the unpredictable urge to stand on one foot with the other resting against his leg.
Be careful, he sometimes chokes on the rocks.
いつものiphoneをもっときれいに!iphone ケース 人気ブランドがおススメ~キュートの代表ブランドjuicy couture iphoneケースが登場!オシャレでカワイイデザインが女の子に大人気アイテムですね。一目だけでジューシークチュールだとわかる。
ある時に、多くのものは、その上修飾することができて、同様に収蔵することを持って来ることができて、記念している!ボッテガヴェネタ少女たちは、カバンは私たちがある親友がなくできなくて、ちゃんと自分二に愛する!!ボッテガ 財布bottegaのカバンの物語 bottega バッグ!!
モンクレール ダウンは当時で、すごくファッション性が有りました。今、デザイナーは絶えずに新しい理念を用いて、今世紀の最高のブランド品を作り出してくれました。今年、モンクレールはRIMOWA を共に選択して、共に、ドイツブランドの仕様を演出できる手持ちバッグを推し進めました。今季の商品は様々な流行な元素を使って、最高のモノを人に与えました。それに、モノの中で、ロゴがいつものように、適当に付いて、ブランド品の味わいを主張してくれました。さらに、Moncler Mayaがすごく流行っていました。今、新しく登場して、すぐ買い終わりました。
Post a Comment