Thursday, June 11, 2009

down by the banks



We headed South to visit Bart & Cory.  It was my first trip to the South and i am enamored with it.  the trees! the bugs and creatures! I already miss the pulled pork sandwiches, biscuits, lemonade, and trying to catch photos of fireflies. 









4 comments:

Alisha said...

We are so happy that you came to visit. We had a great time!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! I have never seen a firefly, I would love to!

chelsea b james said...

fireflies are the best little creatures alive. i think they are magical

Mike and Kim said...

When I was on my mission, I wrote as one of my life goals to "See and catch fireflies." Even though I've lived in the south for four years, I'm still amazed every time I see them. In fact, Megan and I were catching some in our backyard last night. I've tried a number of times to get pictures of them lighting up in a jar, but I've always failed. It never occurred to me that we should shake the jar relentlessly to force them to light up in a panic. Or maybe that's an involuntary response due to the brain damage.