Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Inca Kola



We are home from Peru...









We visited Lima, Cusco,
all of the ruins in the Sacred Valley.
Cusco is vibrant,
Pisac has beautiful onions,
Sacsayhuaman sounds promiscuous,
Lima is vigorous,
Moray is the pot of gold at the long end of a dirt road,
and Machu Picchu was mighty as ever.












































We brought three cameras because we know our luck. At Machu Picchu my wide lens gave up; and moments later my film camera's strap broke free and my camera hit the ground opening to expose all of my shot film to the unforgiving Incan sun. But nonetheless we made a slideshow of what we have, complete with Peruvian music. A lot of the pictures in the video are of scenery, so you can't really get the full effect when you see them this small. sorry.























these braids, i love these braids.

































































See the giant peak behind david?
We climbed to the top of that.

10 comments:

cocó said...

I like your pics :)

cocò

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Amazing pics! How did your knee feel on the hikes?

Sarah said...

My knee was great! Almost no pain the entire trip! I did however have a terrible cold/flu for the first half of the trip, the kind they advertise in Dayquil commercials.

steph & adam said...

yeah! i'm glad you guys got to go there too. we shall compare pictures and and stories.

Gretchen said...

I loved seeing these pictures! The chewing alpaca, you on the top of the mountain, the children. Did you eat any of that beautiful produce? I love the way they dress, don't you? You captured it all amazingly well!

W.M. said...

oh i love this... so beautiful.

Fife Family Forever said...

SARAH! I love it!
Next stop, Japan.
PS we just found tickets for my dad in April, $970 round trip.

Bart Winward said...

It must have been nice to see the Llama in its natural habitat.

Did you know that Llamas have been domesticated for about 4000 years?

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I was just looking at your pics again. They look like they belong in the National Geographic.

this too will pass said...

great stuff