we spent a night in desoto national park with bart and jennie while we were in alabama.
we saw and saved a giant snapping turtle from certain death as he hung out on the road.
sat on the porch and listened to a cccrrraaazy thunderstorm (at night):
roasted marshmallows in the fireplace:
swam at the base of the falls:
....and I got a tick. I had never had one, and they are one of only two bugs that I am afraid of on earth. David found it in my side just as we were going to bed. I pretty much just curled in the fetal position and asked him to get it out without telling me what they were doing. I didn't event look at it until after it was out. Turns out it wasn't that bad, it was tiny and don't think it had been in that long. The worst part of all of it is that while he was pulling it out with tweezers my skin stretched out so far that when the tick was finally released it audibly snapped back. I thought for sure the snapping noise was the tick's head popping off and my heart rate spiked..nope just some super stretchy skin. Lets hope that stretchy skin keeps me pregnancy stretch mark free....wishful thinking? probably.


1 comment:
Beautiful photos. And yeah, ticks are just straight up disgusting.
Post a Comment