






We started by ripping up carpet that was glued to concrete and had about 12 years of plumber dust in it. We ripped fake paneling off of wall and the counter. We patched holes in the plaster walls. We tore down a water damaged floating tile ceiling and flourescent lights. We drywalled, laid reclaimed hardwood flooring in the front of the shop and laminate in the back. We tiled the counter and had a concrete top made for it. We built a platform for the cooler and moved one in and then out once it froze my flowers....and a new one back in. We built the pipe shelf in the front, and with help painted the mural wall. We made the giant chalkboard to cover up the ugly side of the cooler, and trimmed it with pieces of our old fence which is also the trim in the space. We painted every surface in the space with three coats of paint. We built my work table, trimmed the windows, built the lights out of exhaust fans I got at a junk yard. We brought loads of vases to the space and hauled away enough garbage to fill a dumpster daily...finally we put a bell on the door.
And?
I love it. I never would have survived the summer without it. When I got it I thought I was jumping the gun a little bit, but I had no idea that I would be spending my whole summer there. It is the perfect little place and is in the perfect location, I couldn't really ask for anything better.

4 comments:
It looks amazing. We need to come and see it now that it is finished. You guys did a beautiful job! Love that picture of the two of you.
wow such a fresh studio! it look beautiful. oh and i like your blog too :)
xxx
Talia
WOW!! It looks really really great. Incredible job Sarah. So happy for you!! You and david are beautiful!!
what a lovely space! and to know that you created it - what a great feeling :)
must be a joy to work in!
Post a Comment