Friday, May 13, 2011

lately

I showered and got dressed in a skirt for an appointment the other day, and then I realized that it had been six months since I had actually gotten ready...meaning blow my hair dry, put on makeup, and some thought into my outfit. It was a scary realization that half a year had gone by and I didn't even have time to shower.

For the few weeks before we left last December I was a wreck because I was so busy. Then we were gone and were travel gross, and since we have been home we have been so busy that if I can throw a shower in there we are all lucky. Sure I am leaving the house with dripping wet hair the same clothes I have been wearing for a month, but you take what you can get. I have no shame. I have met clients in pants with paint on them, my toes sticking out of my shoes, and glue stuck to my fingers. I may have even accidentally gone to set up for a wedding in my work clothes because I forgot to bring nice ones and we were on a time crunch. I have cooked dinner four times since we have been home, two of those were pasta that I boiled and threw bottled sauce on. Renovating the studio has been a full time plus job on top of full time jobs. We are regulars at the gas station by our house around 11pm getting doughnuts and a soda. My pants are fitting tight, and I have only exercised twice since we have been home.

But we are finished, mostly. We still have details to work out, but no more construction. Last night we ate (takeout-i'm not recovered yet) on the lawn and then planted our vegetable garden. It was pure heaven.

This picture is from my birthday last week. As usual, my birthday wish was to work all day on projects. Around midnight or later in my pajamas we ate a giant specially requested doughnut to celebrate. I think this will be the last year that is my birthday request, no more projects.
I am so ready to start living our normal lives again, and stop the terrible eating garbage food in the wee hours of the morning instead of going to sleep pattern we have gotten ourselves into.

I think summer is a cure for that in general. Have you ever noticed that only winter holidays have specific candies associated with them? Easter and Christmas namely. I am glad that food associated with summer is light and vegetable-y. That is what I like, and I can't want to get back to it.

3 comments:

this bright day said...

happy donut day to you!
cheers to all your beautiful projects.

christine said...

happy belated birthday sarah.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I hope your birthday was wonderful!! You look the same to me and your pants don't look tight at all! I am jealous of your beautiful figure! We need to do something soon.